Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Petal Prints #1 Stair-Step

Moving along with my quest to use all of my Stampin' Up! stamps (and "cheating" by passing up several of them), I present to you this card using the SU! set called "Petal Prints." It consists of three outline stamps, the three more solid stamps to stamp under the outlines, and one background stamp of three leaves. I am only going to use the outline stamps in my two cards using this set. I stamped the flower and then colored it using Copic markers. I decided to use one of the stair-step cards that I cut quite a while ago. (If you want my instructions for this card, and to see other stair-step cards I have made in the past, you can use this link.)
The background was embossed with a Cuttlebug Anna Griffin folder. The sentiment was cut with a die.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's a beautiful card! The color of the embossed card stock matches so well with the Copic color you used for the flower!

Leslie Miller said...

I had this set and used it a lot. Since the purge I've been buying a few new stamps and am feeling another purge coming on. I don't know which ones I can bear to part with, though. It's hard! You're inspiring me to make another stair step card. Such a simple design this is and so pretty with the embossing and the sentiment. My last one came out a little thick along the bottom, but this is a good idea. Thanks!

Darnell said...

You are such an inspiration with using your schtuff, Lynette! I think this is the prettiest card, both in shape and color with that white just popping off the soft cornflower blue!! Hugs, Darnell