Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas (2018) Cards

I actually have three new cards to share with you. Life has been rather busy, but it will be pretty calm for the next few days. (Even time to have a scrapbooking friend come over and play on Thursday!)

Yesterday, we stopped at Michael's to pick up some beads for our granddaughter for Christmas. And - lucky for us, and her! - they were 70% off that day only. Great timing. I took a look around the stamping area and was amazed at how little they now carry:( I did find this Recollections Christmas stamp and die set, though, and it was 60% off. I of course had to try it out right away. I think it's pretty cute, and the dies actually cut right up to the edge of the stamped image. Cool. All of the stamps and dies used for these three cards came in the set. (And it was $5.99. Not bad.) The card bases are all ivory, to allow the white to show up better. And all images are mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can never bring myself to use white and ivory together. Guess I'm out of step with stamping trends... not that I'm ever a real trend follower. LOL1

Your cards are very cute! One of the "good" Recollections stamp sets. As you said, it's very sad how little Michaels actually does carry anymore. I used to be able to at least get a few Stampendous and Hero Arts Christmas stamp sets, but they don't even bring those in for the biggest crafting holiday of the year anymore. All they seem to ever have is their own Recollections brand of EVERY?THING. I've picked up a few House Mouse wood mounted stamps over the past months but that's about it as far as name brands. Their stamp selection was always pretty poor, but now it's beyond pathetic. I know all the big box stores have had a tough time keeping their heads above water, but you'd think they could still carry at least some of the things we stampers really want. But, I'm sure they only see dollar signs when they sell all their Recollections stuff for the same prices as the other stamp companies sell theirs and they only pay pennies for for most of the junk.

I only bought a couple of the Recollections stamp sets this year that were very much reminiscent of other stamp company's designs. And only bought those because they were 60 or 70% off

I've been shopping more at Hobby Lobby the past few years than at Michaels. They have a fairly decent selection of dies which I prefer over stamps most of the time. And I try to keep an eye out online for craft bargains here and there. It has gotten much more difficult over the past few years to find good sales on the products I really want. Good thing I have a big stash of things I have never used as I probably won't be able to afford any new things in the future the way things are going. :(

Patt H. said...

Really cute cards & what an awesome buy! We live very close to a hobby lobby but they don't change stamps very often. A lot of wooden ones but the same ones they've had since they opened & some clear that are ok. None of the brands like Penny Black, etc. No sequin mixes or the newer embellishments. I, too, have a lot of unused things so maybe it's good that I am not tempted. The clerk's in the store said we need to let the company know what we want in the store so plan to send a note after the holidays.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, that is such a cute set! Those designs make such cute Christmas cards! Wish I were going to Michael's here to check them out but they're probably gone.

Leslie Miller said...

$5.99? Fantastic! I absolutely love all these cards, Lynette! Those dies do cut very precisely. Good idea to use the ivory card bases. These are simply adorable!!