Thursday, November 9, 2017

Ornament Christmas

This is another of the dies that I got a couple months ago. I used it to cut out of green mirror cardstock. It's been on my table since I got it. I had recently come across a piece of patterned paper that was made up of several rows of unmatching patterns. I had cut them apart into separate pieces. This piece matched the green of the die-cut very well. I was trying to figure out how I could use them together. I realized there was quite a length of straight lines in the die cut and I matched it up with the edge of the patterned piece. Worked for me:) I used a pencil to draw along the edge of the die-cut, then I trimmed that part out so there was no patterned paper under the die-cut. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set. One more Christmas card done!

I got this die at Ali Express. You can find it here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Chookarooni said...

have that die on order too - love what you did with it!

Unknown said...

I can't seem to find the name of the name or merchant for ordering the die. Please help!

Ann D said...

I love your card and how you used the die. Please share the details on it. Thank you.

Sheri said...

Very pretty and really different! I love it

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how I love this! Definitely a favorite! The straight lines in the die make it perfect for this design. Glad you explained because I was wondering how you avoided the paper showing through. Brilliant!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a really neat die and I really like the way you trimmed out a portion of the patterned dp! Very pretty!

LINDA said...

Please do share the name & manufacturer of this die. Lovely card.