Saturday, July 8, 2017

Cattail Birthday

This is a Memory Box die that I bought when I was in Des Moines at our Group Gathering. You can't tell in the picture, but I cut it from a shimmery, coppery-colored cardstock. I cut out a circle the same size as the sun from a post-it note. I also cut a rectangle of white cardstock the same size as the die-cut piece. I brayered yellow ink on the top half of the white cardstock. Then I adhered the circle onto the brayered piece, placing it exactly where the sun was on the die cut. I brayered the other colors onto the piece, adding just a little bit more color to the sun. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I used another Memory Box die to cut it out. I mounted the sentiment on Pop Dots. The cardbase and sentiment are ivory cardstock. The card opens from bottom to top.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Gloria

Darnell said...

I have this one, too, Lynette, and just love how you created a stunning sunset scene with your braying! WOW!! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Really gorgeous sunset colors. I love this die. I'm needing some masculine sympathy cards and have been thinking of using a similar die. This is truly inspiring!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really love the way you did the colors behind the cattail die cut. And cutting that design with the copper-colored card stock makes a great statement! Love it!