Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy (Golfing) Retirement!

A good friend has just retired. (His last day was last Friday.) This is the card I made for him, with input from my husband.

I used a Lasting Impressions brass stencil for this. First I embossed the entire thing on off-white cardstock. Then I did parts of it on different cardstocks and paper. After embossing, I cut the pieces out and glued them on the main image. You can't tell very well in the picture, but the clubs are cut from "mirror" cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Bet he really appreciated his card - you are so clever!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so amazing the way you accomplished it, Lynette! Just goes to show how you never know when you're going to need something from your stash. Congrats to your friend on his retirement! Someone for Jim to golf with on weekdays, perhaps?

bonnie32002 said...

Great use for the brass stencil! This was a good bit of work cutting the pieces and making everything look die cut!! Well done!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The paper piecing you did with this dry embossed image is wonderful! It really makes the card! I would have never thought to paper piece it.