Monday, July 25, 2016

Masculine Birthday

I finally took some time this morning to make a card. That was fun! Seems like it's been forever. I'll post another card very soon - as soon as it arrives at its destination - but I made it a few weeks ago.

I have some envelopes that are non-standard card size. I thought I would use one of them for a card. The card is 3.5 x 6.5 inches. I started by cutting a piece of patterned paper from The Paper Studio to completely cover the card front. Then I took a scrap of ivory cardstock and stamped the wheat on it. I matted that with brown. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I had previously cut the stamp into two pieces. I stamped the "birthday" first and it was nice and straight. However, the "HAPPY" I stamped crooked:( No worries - I just stamped it again on another scrap, cut it out, and popped it up over the crooked one! This one still looks a little crooked, but I fixed it after seeing the picture. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Yes, that is a great masculine card.

bonnie32002 said...

I agree, the wheat makes a great manly card! And after my "week of Wheat" I like the wheat now lol!

Leslie Miller said...

Love this one, Lynette! The wheat stamp is beautiful and I love the brown with polka dots. Something about brown... it really appeals to me. So warm. Love this card size, too. I make one now and then because I have a batch of envelopes that size, too. It works perfectly with the wheat. Ideal for a masculine birthday. Glad you got to stamp!

Unknown said...

I am glad you are back! I've missed seeing your incredible creations!