Sunday, March 6, 2016

Watercolor Sympathy

Not the most creative card I've made, but I still like it. I dug out this Inkadinkado set and remembered how much I love the images. 

I used watercolor paper for the image panel. I used a brush and water and ink to color the leaves. They look a little more "watercolored" in real life than they do in the picture. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I matted with black and added to an ivory card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I think it's a great card. Love the font on the sentiment and the stamped design is good for that type of card. I love that stamp set too. I think I may have bought it after I saw one of your cards a long time ago. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Don't be silly! This card is gorgeous and it's more creative than you give yourself credit for. You had to think where to place the stamps. That's hard enough sometimes!

bonnie32002 said...

How very pretty and very serene looking.

I find that a lot of times people make a card that conveys something else other than sympathy by using too bright of colors or fru-fru looking! Your design is perfect!

Shoshi said...

That's a beautiful card, Lynette. The choice of sentiment is perfect with the leaf stamp, and I love how the curl on the "Y" looks almost like one of the leaf tendrils, and how you've overlapped it too. It really is lovely.

Thank you for your lovely comment - yes, it's good to be deported but it does feel rather strange.

Shoshi