Thursday, March 24, 2016

Simply Patterned Paper Birthday

A simple, but I think very pretty, birthday card for today's post. It was nice to have a little time in my stamping room yesterday.

Again I say - I could never use up my patterned paper in a million years! (That might be a slight exaggeration, but maybe not, since I would probably buy more along the way. LOL!) At any rate I actually used up another piece. I love this flowered print. I simply cut a piece to nearly cover the card front and matted it with a beautiful brown cardstock. I'm thinking a lot of people don't like brown, but I happen to like it a lot. I used a scrap from cutting that piece for the sentiment panel. I stamped the greeting with a stamp from Impression Obsession, matted it with the same brown, and popped it up on foam squares. Done! Hopefully I'll have another card before too much more time passes.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to say that I agree with you about brown. There are so many gorgeous shades of brown. I love brown, too. But, unlike so many people, I don't think there's a color that I don't like. Sure, there are some shades of certain colors that may not be favorites, but with every color having so many variations, there is always some shade of every color that I like. I also use black on my cards pretty often and I'm always amazed when I read on someone's blog that they hate black -- or any other color for that matter. All color's are beautiful when used correctly and used with other colors that enhance them. But, we all have our comfort zones when it comes to color. While I think they are lovely, I'm not one to use pastels very often. I generally gravitate to bright and/or dark colors. We all have our favorites.

Anyway -- I love your card. I need to make a TON of cards like this because, like you, I don't think I will be able to use up my stash of patterned paper in my lifetime (or in a hundred lifetimes! :)). And as much as I have, I can't stop buying a new pad or ten (yes, I've been known to buy a lot at one time) when I catch a good sale. ;)

Happy Easter to you and your family!!!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a great way to use this paper. It IS a pretty card! Love the comment above from Anonymous!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Vicki!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so beautiful, Lynette! I absolutely love how you layered paper on paper, and what gorgeous paper it is! You and me, both, regarding the need to use up the paper. Also, I love brown, too. It's always been a favorite for card making -- all shades -- especially chocolate. It's not used as much as before, and I've been doing a lot of subtles and springy colors lately. But earth tones are an enduring favorite of mine, and that just has to include browns!