Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ladyslipper Just For You

I've had this die-cut doily for years, too. (Thanks again, Annie!)

I cut a piece of "mottled" pink cardstock for the bottom layer. I sponged pink ink along the top, bottom and right edge. I trimmed down the doily to fit right along the edge of the cardbase. I sponged the pink ink around the edges of the doily except for the left edge. I stamped the ladyslipper, which is from Repeat Impressions, and colored with Copics. Then I stamped the sentiment, which is from Hampton Art.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I thought that was an actual doily instead of a die cut. It's gorgeous! The dainty flower certainly goes well with the doiley!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Lynette, that's gorgeous and very feminine. Love the sponging on the doily edges, and your coloring of the lady slipper is fabulous. I also like how you let one edge of the doily drop off the card. Nice! Believe it or not, I don't have any doily dies. I still have bunches of actual doilies and some doily die cuts that were given to me, but I really would prefer to have a doily die.

Unknown said...

Love the delicate look of this card! I may have to use this as inspiration for me to use a real doily!