Friday, October 23, 2015

Tree Sympathy

Gosh, it was nice to finally have a little time in my stamping room! I've been out of town the last three weekends and have been busy (or taking a nap!) when I've been home. I needed a sympathy card, though, and took advantage of Wyatt's nap time yesterday. Even though it's a very simple card, I still couldn't get it finished yesterday since he woke up early. Today I don't have him, though, so I got a chance to finish the card. Maybe this weekend I'll have some more creative time!

For this very simple card, I used a tree stamp from My Favorite Things. I inked it up with green ink, then wiped the green off of the trunk and added brown with a marker. After stamping, I used a lighter green marker to color the leaves of the tree. I inked up the sympathy stamp (from Papertrey Ink) with the same brown marker that I used on the trunk. I found a brown piece of cardstock that matched the brown marker very well and I matted the image panel with it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's a lovely, calming tree on the card. Great to use for a sympathy card!

Leslie Miller said...

This is perfection for a sympathy card. Love that big sentiment. Your browns certainly are a match. Hope you get some more stamping time soon. I've barely been home since last Friday and would love to slow down the running.

bonnie32002 said...

I really like the addition of the leaves...did you use a marker and draw them in or is that a stamp?