Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wonderful Woodcuts #3 and #4

Okay, here are cards using the last two stamps in the Stampin' Up! set called "Wonderful Woodcuts."

This first one could be a Father's Day card, or any card for a father. I colored it with Copic markers. I added microfine glitter to the ocean for added sparkle. It covered up the black lines just a tad, so I used a Tim Holtz distress marker's fine tip to draw over them. I matted with matching blue and mounted on foam squares. The background is glossy cardstock embossed with a Fiskars texture plate. I misted the cardstock before embossing to deepen the impression.
This second one is a masculine thank you card. I stamped it on a brown cardstock with Versamark and used Emerald Pearl Luster embossing powder. I colored with Copics again. The background is actually a deep pine green embossed with a folder from The Paper Studio.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that little lighthouse scene and the second one is done in great colors for that background.

Shoshi said...

Both lovely cards, Lynette. I love the choice of embossing folder for the first one - like the waves of the sea to go with the lighthouse! Lovely dark colouring and texture on the second. Male cards can be hard to do but both are great.

Not feeling too bad today so I think the reduced dose of chemo last time is helping. Only 2 more treatments to go and then I'm DONE!! Yaaayy!

Shoshi

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! These are fabulous! I love the lighthouse scene on the swirly embossed white. I haven't heard of misting the cardstock before embossing. I'll give it a try. I especially love the second card with those warm, beautiful, manly colors and the image embossed on brown. That is a really super fabulous look. The wood grain folder is nice with the finer texture to it and works beautifully on your card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

That lighthouse scene is fabulous!