Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Tiny Flowers Birthday

This isn't even a "card parts" card - it's a scrap card! Everything on it is a scrap except for the green matting on the silver piece. The little rectangles are left over from yesterday's window card. I stamped on them with a teeny tiny flower from a Technique Tuesday set, colored them with Copics and mounted on foam squares. I also added a tiny gem to the center of each flower. I found the scrap of green and punched the border using a Martha Stewart punch. I also scored a line under the punching. The silver piece was just sitting on my table, so I embossed it with the Darice "Wire Fence" folder which was also sitting on my table! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

To my "anonymous" commenter from a few days ago on my glittery sticker card - there is no "fussy cutting" on that card. Without going into detail, you put the sticker on the sticky paper, cover it with microfine glitter and then color the flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! What a great way to use and highlight those tiny stamps!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lynette. I guess I need to look up some more videos on this technique. Since I don't have any stickers like that yet, I have plenty of time to do that, I guess. :) :)

Love your card made from scraps. I really need to do the same thing. I hate throwing away scraps and usually save even the smallest pieces that are left after I make a card. But, they always end up going into a file folder or back in the paper package and seldom ever get used. Maybe if I was at my craft desk every single day I'd play around more, but when I'm at that desk, I'm usually in a rush to get a card made because I need it right away and there's no time to think about scraps. Unfortunately, my paper stash is so big I probably shouldn't even save scraps at all. LOL!! I probably have more paper than I could use in what's left of my life even if I started making a card or two every single day. :(

Leslie Miller said...

Way to use those wannabe card parts! They never even made it to card parts, you just used them up right away. You're so good about that! Those teeny tiny flowers are so cute, and the window die left those perfect little rectangles that just begged for the tiny flowers. They look like tiles. Great card, Lynette!