Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sparkly Sticker Birthday

Okay - here is the "positive" of yesterday's Elizabeth Craft sticker. I used the same technique as a few days ago - added microfine glitter to the double-sided sticky paper after adding the sticker. I LOVE the sparkle, which you can see a little bit better in the picture on the right.

I colored the image with Copic markers and added a border along the edges - also with a Copic. The patterned paper is from Debbie Mumm (from JoAnn's a while back.) I mounted both the image panel and the sentiment panel on foam squares. The sentiment is from Verve. The inside says "a very happy birthday."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So pretty using the patterned dp with the sticker layer. Great card!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful, Lynette! Love the look of the microfine and can't wait to use mine (inspired by you). Can't seem to get settled into any good stamping time with so many things to do. How did I ever find time to work? You're going to love this!

Chookarooni said...

Lovely card Lynette - lucky you to have time to craft!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette. I know what the double sided adhesive paper is and I've even used it a long time ago with glitter, but not with this sticker technique. So, do you have to fussy cut the finished (glittered) sticker out to place on your card? I did watch that video you shared when I had asked for your tutorial, and I don't remember there being any fussy cutting in that, but your card looks as though there would have to be some fussy cutting since the double sided adhesive paper is not in the shape of the sticker. I still have Elizabeth Craft stickers on my wish list. I've actually wanted some for a year or two, but I never see them in my local stores and I never think to look for stickers when I shop online since I've never really been a sticker user. I have bought some stickers at Michaels and Hobby Lobby when they have been on sale and then never used ANY of them. LOL!

Your card is lovely.