Sunday, April 12, 2015

Love Ya Bunches #2


I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep, so I gave up and headed down to my stamping room this morning.

This is the second card using the Stampin' Up! set called "Love Ya Bunches." It took much longer than it should have!! I sort of planned it in my head, which I do very rarely. In my head, I used my pine branch border punch and green cardstock. The pine branch was much too heavy for the small image. I switched to a different border punch, but still used the green. Another mistake. I needed something brighter and cheerier. (It was a pine green, and too dark.) I went with Pacific Point and the border punch. Any border just seemed too heavy, so I trimmed off the scallops and went with a VERY thin border of the blue. I stamped the image with Memento black ink, planning on coloring with Copics. Then it hit me that I sure couldn't use Copics with the image stamped directly on the card front! So, I dug out some other markers and colored the birds and the balloon. Whew - at least I realized before I used my Copics:) I added some Diamond Glaze (same as Crystal Effects??) to the birds and the balloons. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the tiny birds :)

Lisa Lara said...

Oh that is super adorable Lynette. I love those little birds and love how you used the sentiment as a border.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Really cute card. Love those little birds and the wavy sentiment.

Leslie Miller said...

I really love this one! I have to remember this design when I get around to this set. Isn't it amazing how the simplest things can turn difficult? It happens to me in stamping all the time!