Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pink and Black Birthday

A very simple birthday card for today. I've been trying to work on several things simultaneously, and making a little progress with each task. This one is using "card parts." The flower was cut a long time ago with my Cameo Silhouette. I added the "stitching" lines with a white gel pen. I mounted the flower on Dimensionals. I found the thin black strip of cardstock by my paper cutter and thought it would work well. The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Love your silhouette flower! Turned out perfect for a quick attractive card.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that big flower! And isn't it fun when you find that a little scrap piece of paper works so well with the design. I like how you included the black "scrap". :)

Lisa Lara said...

I love that paper line with the sentiment under it Lynette. Brilliant. What a fun flower.

Leslie Miller said...

That's such a cute flower! I like the paper strip. Those little trimmings are the perfect substitutes for ribbon, I think. It's a nice way to define your sentiment. Cool that you placed the sentiment under it rather than over it. I like that!