Monday, February 23, 2015

Garden Collage - #1 and #2

Back to my Stampin' Up! cards. Making great progress on my mission to use them all. I'm almost done with the first sixty and ready to move on to the next shelf!

Today I'm using the three stamps from the set called "Garden Collage." For this first one, I used the collage stamp with the flower and butterfly. I stamped with Versafine black ink and embossed with detail black embossing powder. I added some color with SU chalks. I matted with black and mounted on Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

This second card is done entirely with Going Gray and white. I stamped the image and the sentiment and scored a line between them. I found this scrap of gray with the border already cut, so I trimmed it down to mat my panel. I had done the cutting with a rotary trimmer by Fiskars.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Such elegant beauties Lynette.

Sheri said...

So pretty! Another set I have and haven't used. I am getting it out - today! Your card is beautiful!

bonnie32002 said...

I've always loved this set. Just the soft pop of color on the first card really catches my eye

Unknown said...

The chalked card is breathtaking! The pop of color is just right. Anyone would be lucky to receive that one!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What pretty images. Love the way you used chalk colors on the first one. Such a soft look.

JUDI said...

Both cards are NEAT, MY FAV. is no.1.
I have a question for you; By embossing with the detail black did it give the final look a more detailed look? I have never done that before.
Thank you.
With Love Judi

Leslie Miller said...

Good heavens, you ARE making progress! I'll have to double check to see if I still have this set. I always loved it. Your cards are both just gorgeous! My favorite coloring method for this set was chalks, so interesting to see that you used them on your first card. It really turned out pretty!