Friday, January 30, 2015

SplitCoastStampers Free 4 All Challenge

I hadn't uploaded a card to SplitCoastStampers since last April! I didn't have Wyatt today and took the opportunity to do a challenge and upload my card. The challenge was to confine your "art area" to a space less than two and a half inches square.

With this card, I am also continuing my mission to use all of my Stampin' Up! stamps. Both stamps on this card are from the set called "Happy Harmony." I colored the flowers with markers and used the "thumping" technique. (Color with one color, and then lightly "bounce" or "thump" over the colored area with a darker marker.) I embossed the frame with a square Nestability.

Edited to add: Here is a simple video I did on this technique. I hope it helps!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Marci Morgan said...

I LOVE this card Lynette! Ha.....I have this set, too, so thanks for the inspriation! Have a wonderful weekend!

Marianne said...

Your designs are beautiful and I admire your originality in framing the stamping in a square nestability.. Did you use alcohol markers?

bonnie32002 said...

I love the 3 colors of blossoms. I wonder if I have this set somewhere? Now I'll have to go look.

My embossed frames never look as nice as yours. Can you tell me what you're doing?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

It's really a lovely card, Lynette! Glad you had time to stamp and take part in a challenge with the card you made.

Sheri said...

What a beautiful card!

Bea said...

Love this card-you do beautiful work! Happy to hear Wyatt is doing better and your Dad too. They're in my prayers. Bea

Mary said...

What a beautiful card Lynette. I don't think that I have ever used the
"thumping" technique. The colors remind me of spring. :)

Mary

Unknown said...

I can't explain why, but I think this is one of my favorite cards that you have EVER posted. Is it the colors? Is it the frame? I'm not sure what it is, but I am sure I REALLY like this card!

Unknown said...

Quick question, Lynette...Did you stamp the flowers and then framed it or did you make the frame first and then stamped in it? I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but thought I would ask.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE this idea and you did a great job! I especially like the framing of it! Hazel x

Leslie Miller said...

Yay! I still have this set, too, but it's categorized with my sentiments, so not on my A to Z list. Honestly, I've never seen it used so beautifully -- and certainly not by me! I LOVE the colors and your thumping technique which I've never mastered. The CAS design is so perfectly pristine and lovely with this image and sentiment. Gorgeous, Lynette!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card. I don't understand how the Nestabilities work for embossing. Can you help me?