Sunday, January 25, 2015

Red and White Swap

My Yahoo stamping group has two challenges every month. I have not been a participant in many of them. However, I'm going to try to start being better about them. One of the monthly swaps is a color challenge. This month's colors are red and white, and here is the card I made for it.

I used embossing paste and a Sizzix brass stencil to make the heart. I also sprinkled glitter over it for some sparkle (which does not show up in the picture.) I matted with white and mounted on foam squares. I stamped the sentment (from Inkadinkado) with Versamark and embossed with detail white embossing powder. Again, I matted with white and mounted on foam squares. I embossed the background with a Cuttlebug folder.

Wyatt made a great recovery yesterday, and could possibly go home later today! I sure hope he does!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

A perfect match in patterns from the heart to the background.

I am so happy for you that Wyatt's health so abruptly improved!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

And I'm the lucky recipient of this very pretty Valentine. We make the cards so the recipient can hopefully use them. I will definitely be using it this year! Thank you!

Mary said...

Fantastic news about Wyatt. Hooray! :)

Love your card Lynette. It's been a very long time since I've seen the embossed paste technique. Love the red and white!Enjoy the rest of the day.

Mary

Unknown said...

Lynette, I am so inspired to read about all the techniques you use on just one card. I am so happy about the good news about Wyatt!

Leslie Miller said...

I always love a crisp red and white, and even better with the embossing and sparkle! Pretty heart! Good to hear Wyatt is so much better!