Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Best Blossoms - Part One

I had a little stamping time while Wyatt was napping today, and finished up this card that I started last night.

I'm continuing on with my project of using all of my Stampin' Up! sets. This set is called "Best Blossoms." Even though the image panel looks like it's layered, it's really not. I masked off the sentiment strip across the middle and stamped the flowers. Then I masked the flowers and stamped the leafy image over. I removed the masks and added the sentiment and scored two lines above and below it. I had trimmed a tiny strip off the green matting piece and decided I liked it between the scored lines, so I cut another very thin strip and added them. The flower beside the sentiment was stamped, cut out and mounted on foam squares. I'll have one more card using this set tomorrow, and then a Christmas card.

Our sky diving has been rescheduled for Saturday, weather-permitting. Sure hope we get to go this time!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Lynette! Enjoy that little guy!

Bea said...

Really like the card. The flower color goes so well with the green.

Leslie Miller said...

I used to have this set, too. For a fact I never did anything this pretty with it. I love the colors you used, and very clever design. I could have sworn that center strip was layered. My favorite part of this set was the leaves. Seems I just never knew what to do with it at the time. Lovely card, Lynette!