Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hoppy Birthday

Here are the last two cards I'm going to share with you that I made while we were on vacation. They are almost identical except for the placement of the image panel and also the green background.

Both cards are made using a Papertrey Ink set. I stamped the lily pads on green cardstock and cut them out. For the green piece on the left of this card, I brayered green ink onto textured ivory cardstock. I stamped the frogs on some of the extra, cut them out and mounted them on foam squares and added googly eyes. I matted the image panels with black cardstock.
The green panel on this one was made by brayering (or maybe sponging, I don't remember) green distress ink onto ivory cardstock. I spritzed a background stamp (by Darice) with water and stamped over the brayered piece.

Tomorrow - assuming I get my post done - I'll start with the cards I've made since we've been home.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I love the paper piecing. It really gives the frog dimension.

Unknown said...

Your frogs made me smile today. Thanks, Lynette!

Mary said...

Love both of thees cards. The little frog is so cute and adding the eyes is perfect!

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

These are both so cute and very happy! The googly eyes are perfect. The stamped green panel on the second card looks like designer paper. I need to use my background stamps more!