Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Birthday Balloons

I've had this balloon punch from Martha Stewart for a long time and have never used it. I brought it on vacation with me and still didn't use it! So, I thought it was about time and this card evolved.

I punched the balloons out of three different patterns from an old Stampin' Up matstack. I tied thread around the ends of them and mounted them on foam squares on a white panel. I stamped the sentiment (from Hero Arts) on two lines, even though it's a one-line stamp. I embossed the background with a Darice folder. I had originally stamped the sentiment with Versamark directly on the colored cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder and then dry embossed, but it was too hard to read. So, I flipped the panel over and it is now de-bossed!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I have balloon punches from Marvy and haven't made good use of them. I really like your card with the variety of papers you used. That's a neat embossing folder you used too! I don't remember seeing that one on anything yet.

bonnie32002 said...

I agree with Vicki...I think I have a balloon punch; somewhere. I should put it to good use if I can ever find it lol!

Harriet Skelly said...

Love those balloons - glad you decided to use the punch!

Leslie Miller said...

Hmmm... I like the debossed panel. Sometimes it's hard to tell which looks better. You made good use of the balloon punch, too. This would be a great birthday card for a guy, I think. Always inspiring!