Friday, June 27, 2014

Hi There!

Another post for today. I rarely do two posts in one day, but I wanted to get one more entry into Darnell's NBUS(Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge.

Pretty much everything besides the cardstock on this card is NBUS. The flower is
sticker that I bought in Des Moines on Monday. I placed it on acetate and colored it with Sharpie markers. I put it on some netting from my "junk box." (Never used it before.) I had never used this stamp (from Papertrey Ink) even though I've had the set for a long time. And I have never cut a card like this before. The finished card is 5.5 x 4. I cut a piece of cardstock to 5.5 x 8.5 and folded it into thirds after scoring with my Scor-Pal, which has perfect lines for dividing a piece of cardstock into thirds. (Oh, I cut the window with a Nestability that has been used many times!) One flap is folded inside the card and taped shut to hide the window. (The flower panel is the middle panel of the card.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'm going to be making more tri-fold cards like this now too. Your NBUS card is a great example of what you can do with items that you've never used before.

Darnell said...

This is very unique, Lynette, both in terms of the tri-fold and in terms of the design! I love how that sticker on the mesh looks like it is a miniature stained glass flower! Very pretty!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge again! I love your enthusiasm! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

I've got so many tons of both NBUS and HBUFALTS (hasn't been used for a long time stuff). The mesh is one of the latter. Keep thinking I want to use it everytime I come across it in my stamp room. I love it with your rich, Sharpie-colored flower. Love the idea of a tri-fold, too. I need to get more creative like this!