Saturday, May 31, 2014

Embossed Merry Christmas


Another Christmas card for my way-too-small stash!

I used a Darice embossing folder and inked it up with a brayer before embossing on a fourth of a piece of cardstock. I knew when I inked it up that the ink had "puddled" a little bit and I thought it might be a cool effect. It's a border folder, so that's all the wider it is. I colored the holly leaves and berries with Copic markers after embossing. I adhered the embossed layer to completely cover the card front. I'm linking this up to the Christmas Card Challenge blog. This week's additional challenge is "anything goes."

I was asked about the name of the Hero Arts/Sizzix set that I used for this card. I think it's called Frames With Sprigs and the number is 657775. I did a little search for it and found it at Staples for a good price. You can see it here. I hope you see this, Cheryl. I didn't have a way to contact you to answer your question. (I also saw it on Amazon for less, but the description didn't match the picture. I would guess the picture is right, but ...)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

Lovely card. Love how you did the sentiment. Thanks for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

La Papera Gialla said...

Very elegant card!
Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Leslie Miller said...

I have only six Christmas cards done. Talk about a small stash. This is perfect and beautiful, Lynette! Love the border folder you used. I can never get this coloring of the folder to come out right. Never! Even with the puddling this looks fabulous. I'm certainly enjoying seeing all your new folders put to use. Did I mention I'm up to #4? I need to stamp more!