Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday - Color Challenge

Time for a new Flutter By Wednesday challenge. Today's challenge is a pretty easy one - just make your card using a butterfly or fairy and use any colors you want except orange or black! Upload your card to your blog or on-line gallery and link it up to the Flutter By Wednesday blog. As always, if there are one hundred or more entries, there will be a prize awarded. We'd love to have you join us. You will find some amazing inspiration on the blog, too.

I had hardly set foot in my stamping room the last three weeks or so. We've been at the hospital with Wyatt, having Owen a little extra, been out of town ... the list goes on. At any rate, I took just a few minutes last night and made this card. I sat in my room for a little bit in the afternoon and planned the card, then made it in the evening (after coming home from bowling.) The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts. I inked it up with Going Gray ink from Stamping Up! and used a pink marker to highlight the "happy" and "birthday." The butterfly is one I die-cut in Des Moines in June at our Group Gathering. It was cut with a Memory Box die, I believe. I added a couple pink gems to the body. And you will note - I messed up!!! I had written down on my calendar that the challenge was to use any colors except orange and had missed the part about no black. Oops! Sorry, Danni!

Update on Wyatt: He seems to be steadily improving now. Whew! He is taking his bottles better and is gaining weight daily. He MAY be able to go home next week! That would be so awesome. It's been three weeks now since he was admitted. Poor little thing! Thanks to you all for your prayers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

No comments: