Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday - a Sketch

A new Flutter By Wednesday challenge begins today. And it's another great sketch by team member, Kathy. I have included the sketch here, and you can also find it on the FBW blog page. We'd love to see what you can create using this sketch - and a fairy or butterfly, of course! Danni is adding something new starting this week: if there are 100 or more entries, there will be a prize!

I created my card using Hero Arts stamps. My card base and main panel are light gray cardstock. The solid gray is Going Gray by Stampin' Up! The patterned paper on the bottom is from a Recollections matstack. I cut the main panel with a Nestability, embossed it, and then colored the edge with a Going Gray marker. I cut the scalloped oval with the same light gray. The solid gray piece along the bottom was cut with a Fiskars rotary cutter. I added some scoring to that strip with my Martha Stewart scoring board. I also added scoring to the gray panel behind the main image. The butterflies were cut with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and then I added black gems.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Jenée said...

Lynette, this is a beautiful card. The colors are so peaceful and serene. A perfect combination of a sympathy card.

Danni said...

So soft and delicate!! Gorgeous card!

Joanne said...

I agree that it is the perfect color combination for a Sympathy card. The flowers are simple yet elegant. Well done!

Chrissy said...

This is so pretty Lynette...gorgeous.Love the colours..

luv CHRISYxx

Kathy said...

Lynette, this is beautiful. The soft gray is so soothing, perfect for a sympathy card.

Leslie Miller said...

This is so soft, pretty and soothing. Ideal for a sympathy card. I love what you're doing with grays lately. Who would think it could look so pretty?

Jeanette said...

This is beautiful Lynette! The colors are so peaceful!