Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday - Any Winged Creature

This week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge is an always-popular one - create your card using any winged creature! Please check out the blog for all the details, to link your card, and to check out the samples by the design team members.

I used a piece that's been sitting on my table for a couple weeks. The partial circle is the piece cut out for another card I've shared. And I stamped the sentiment as a practice for placement on that card. Since I hadn't tossed it out, I decided to use it:) The sentiment is from Gina K. I stamped the bird (from an Inkadinkado set) with Versamark on Riding Hood Red cardstock (from Stampin' Up!) and embossed it with detail gold embossing powder. I cut it out, mounted it on foam squares and attached it to the sentiment piece. Then I matted with more red cardstock. I used some shimmery gold paper for more matting and embossed with a Sizzix folder. I matted it with one more layer of red.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Lynette. Oh this is awesome. I love that embossed flower and the red flowers on the bird.

jan farnworth said...

love the embossing.

Shoshi said...

That's very pretty, Lynette. I love the use of the metallic shimmer paper, and the contrasting red. The partial circle is a nice touch, and very unusual. Always nice to be able to use offcuts from other projects, isn't it!

Thank you for your lovely comment. I am actually quite enjoying all the packing up in preparation for the move - there's a lot to think about and tons to do, both here and at Mum's, but we are getting through it and it won't be long before we are settled in, I am sure. I am soooo looking foward to planning my new ARTHaven and getting stuck in there, and being productive again!

Trying to get my hubby to take things easy is an absolutely impossible task. I've been trying for 26 years and still no nearer to success! Lol! He's incorrigible.

Shoshi

Danni said...

This is so pretty!!! Very striking with the embossing!

Kathy said...

Beautiful. Love the bird, such an elegant card.

Chrissy said...

Love the corner embossing Lynette, lovely colours and love the bird..fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jenée said...

Beautifully elegant card. I so like the combination of papers, and the bird is beautiful.

Cassie_lu said...

I really like what you did with the bird.

Denice said...

I see cards like yours and think "why can't I do something as clever, simple, and gorgeous as this?" Love it!
:Dxx

Leslie Miller said...

Love what you did with the bird, Lynette! LOVE it! And the embossed panel -- oh, my! Fabulous job of putting these parts together. You are such an inspiration!