Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday #224 - a Sketch

Time for your next Flutter By Wednesday challenge. Your challenge this week is this sketch by Kathy. Please make your card based on Kathy's sketch and include a butterfly or fairy. Then link it up to the Flutter By Wednesday blog. It's that simple:) Check out the cards made by the design team, too - they're fabulous!
I was sure I wasn't going to have a card for today, but I was able to get it made Monday evening while I was "playing hooky" from working on the house. LOL! I started by cutting the white oval. I sponged it with Brocade Blue and Eggplant Envy inks from Stampin' Up. I stamped the dandelions (from Gina K's Many Wishes set), embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, sanded it down a bit, and then misted it with my homemade shimmery mist. I matted with black and Eggplant Envy and mounted it on foam squares. I stamped the butterfly (from Gina K's Whimsical Spring) and colored with a couple Copic markers and used the shimmery mist on it. The patterned paper is from Recollections. The black strip across the center was punched with a Stampin' Up punch. I embossed the eggplant strip with a Cuttlebug border folder. The sentiment is from Gina K, also - from Whimsical Wishes.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Lynette.I love the butterfly. Are you living in your new home now?

Mary

Sheri said...

What a beauty this one is. Love the colors and the oval as well. I may have to CASE this one :)

Jenée said...

Beautiful card. I like the color you've used and the double stamping technique. Just lovely.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This card is a real WOW! Gorgeous! Love the colors, the papers and of course the butterfly.

Chrissy said...

This is so elegant Lynette, beautiful colours and love the dandelion stamp...gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

jan farnworth said...

wonderful card love all the sparkle

JUDI said...

LYNETTE, Simply BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors you used, the butterfly is gorgeous your stamping is really NEAT.
With Love Judi

Annie said...

Lovely layout, and pretty color combination!

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! love the shimmer! Beautiful job!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow the colors here are gorgeous Lynette - lovely combination! Glad you were able to stamp some!

Kathy said...

Beautiful! Love the shimmer on the image. So glad you gave yourself a little break to create!

Denice said...

This is so pretty Lynette, love the colors and shine
:Dxx

Jami said...

Beautiful!! I just love the gradient background!!

Cassie_lu said...

love how you created the background