Monday, May 7, 2012

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Spring Blossoms

Monday brings a new Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week, available until Sunday evening for 50% off! This week's stamp is the beautiful Spring Blossoms, found on this page. Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to see what the other Rock Stars have created. You can also follow these links to their blogs:
 Dawn ~Joy ~ Kecia


For my card, I stamped the image on watercolor paper and used Stampin' Up! reinkers and an aquapainter. I cut it with a Nestability and used a Nestability Fleur de Lis Rectangle cut from SU!'s Always Artichoke for the matting. I mounted it on Pop Dots. The butterflies were punched with a new (to me!) Martha Stewart butterfly punch. The paper for the butterflies and also for the bottom layer of the card is from The Paper Studio. I sure am loving the new papers I've gotten from The Paper Studio and also from Recollections. They are so "me" in that they are mostly one color with white or ivory.


There are two challenges open from Repeat Impressions, too. One is the Designer's Choice Challenge to create a card "for a woman you love" and the other is the WHAT IF? Wednesday sketch challenge. You will find the details for both challenges on the RI blog. There are great prizes up for grabs for each! We'd sure love to have you join us.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

9 comments:

Kecia said...

WOWZERS! Such gorgeous watercoloring, Lynette. Nicely done.

Patti J said...

Good morning, Lynette! Your card is so pretty - love the coloring on your image, and the layout is beautiful, too! Great job!!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The card is beautiful, Lynette!

Char said...

I love purple and green used together. Those butterflies are so delicate!! Great job on the coloring of the flowers, too!!

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, Lynette, and for your kind words. I'm so glad you are enjoying my art!

This latest card of yours is just gorgeous. I love the colour scheme, the 3-D butterflies and the scalloped border over the spotty background! I hope people really appreciate the cards that you make, and realise just how much work goes into them. You are very creative.

Shoshi

dmbennett said...

Beautiful card Lynette!!!! Love your watercoloring of the image and your color choices.....

Danni said...

Beautiful!! Love the added butterflies! :)

joy said...

Love the coloring and the butterflies are a gorgeous addition. I like the polka dots for the background.

Unknown said...

Fabulous stamping Lynette wow what a super card Hugs Elaine