Monday, April 23, 2012

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Cloud Silhouette (large)

Monday brings a new Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions. That means you can purchase the designated stamp at 50% off for this week only - through Sunday at 5:00 p.m. This week's SOTW is Cloud Silhouette - large, and you can find it on this page. Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details. You will also find examples by the Rock Stars there (and a special treat - a card by Wendy!), or you can follow these links to their blogs:

I stamped the Cloud with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Then I stamped the kite over the cloud and also on a piece of patterned paper. I cut the kite out of the patterned paper and glued it to the stamped image. I colored the ribbons on the kite with a Copic marker. I matted with a bluish-gray cardstock, mounted on Dimensionals, and added a layer of patterned paper to match the kite.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions, also, of course. I think I like this and you may be looking at a preview of my March calendar page for next year. :)

There are two challenges available on the Repeat Impressions blog, too. One is the Designer's Choice challenge to use a bird on your card. This is open until Tuesday evening. The other is the WHAT IF? Wednesday sketch challenge, which is open until a week from Tuesday evening. There are great prizes to be won on each!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

joy said...

Love the paper pieced kite over the cloud! Great card.

Carolyn King said...

love this card. love how the cloud looks---might have to get that distress ink--which color is it?
Great mail-able card---love that!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card Lynette! I love the design with those stamps together. Fantastic job!