Friday, February 10, 2012

Same Stamps - Different Cards

I bought a "grab bag" box from someone (Susan, from the Simplicity blog) and included in it were LOTS of stamps, among other things. These stamps are from Hero Arts, and were in my box. I already had the "water" on this card done (a Fiskars texture plate), so I thought these stamps would work with it. I stamped the whale on patterned paper, cut it out, and colored the flowers. I added Stickles to the water spout. I stamped the sentiment on the same patterned paper and cut it out. I added black marker around the edges. 
I thought it would be appropriate to use some of the stamps from Susan for her One-Layer Wednesday challenge. This week's challenge is to make a card with five circles or more. Those flowers all have circles in their centers! I stamped the whale directly on the card front. I used a green water color crayon to "paint" the whale, then markers for the flowers. I used the same sentiment and Stickles.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

Darling fishies, Lynette! (I got one of Susan's grab bag boxes, too! Lucky us!)

Joanne said...

For some reason I never considered paper piecing the whale! He's adorable on both cards....way to think outside the box!

Leslie Miller said...

How fun to get a grab bag! I know you'll use it all. You're so good about that. This little guy worked up really cute!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this--what a darling whale!