Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Third Birthday, Andrew!

Today is our grandson Andrew's third birthday. We were supposed to go to Chicago and help him celebrate, but my husband's back has been giving him problems and he was not able to make the drive. So, we'll have to settle for Skype.


I put some Flower Soft on our daughter's birthday card last month, and I guess Andrew was quite fascinated by the texture. So, I wanted to put texture on his card, too. The dragonfly is from a Recollections set. I added Flower Soft to the wings, black flocking to the body, and sparkle to his face. The circle had been cut with a punch and I sponged ink around the edges. The letters are from a set by Scrappy Cat. I stamped with Versamagic pads and embossed with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder and added some scored lines. The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The number 3 is cut using a Cuttlebug set.


Today is my mom's birthday, too. I'll be sharing her card tomorrow, probably.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette. This is a beautiful card! I can't believe he is already 3! Have a great day.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Happy Birthday to Andrew! Those three years have gone by quickly. I didn't remember that he had been born on your mother's birthday. Wishing her a happy birthday, too!!! Great card......love how you were able to match the flower soft colors to the color of the letters.

Sheri said...

Happy birthday Andrew and Mom! What a special day for you. Love Andrew's card. Such a perfect card for a little man. Three already? Won't be long before he is in school!

Sandy said...

Oh Lynette, was a great card for a little guy! The addition of the texture is wonderful. Enjoy your Sykpe visit.

Barbara said...

This is adorable! Love the flower soft on the dragonfly. So many birthdays this time of year. I hope Andrew's is the best!

Mary said...

Wow! Three years have gone by all ready. I am sorry to read that your husband could not drive to see your grandson on his birthday. No fun having a painful back. Glad you were able to skype with your grandson though.

Love your card. The colors are wonderful and so is the flower soft that you used.

Mary

Suzie said...

Hi Lynette,
This is such a cute card for Andrew's 3rd birthday! All the texture you have going on is wonderful!