Saturday, September 24, 2011

Butterfly Thank You

Well, here is a card for today. I'm not really very proud of it.


I think I must have stamped and cut out this butterfly (from Repeat Impressions)a month or so ago. I had also cut the matting with a Nestability. It sat on my desk and I would pick it up once in a while to figure out what to do with it. I finally finished it today. I added another matting layer between the butterfly and the die-cut square and covered the butterfly with Stickles. I also sponged the edges of the layers with Perfect Plum, from Stampin' Up! and hand-doodled the design around the edges of the butterfly layer. The bottom layer is embossed with a Sizzix folder and textured yellow cardstock. I sanded it down and sponged it with Perfect Plum. The sentiment is from an Inkadinkado set, matted, and mounted on a Dimensional on the right side only. The left side is simply glued.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette~ It's a very elegant card. You should be very proud of it! It's beautiful! AND I miss you!!
Terri

Sheri said...

I think it is pretty. I hope you get to feeling better soon and back in the groove

Sandy said...

Lynette, This is a great card! I like the idea of the stickles to sparkle up the butterfly. And what a neat idea to only 'pop-up' one side of the sentiment. You always teach me something new,thanks!

Barbara said...

Lynette, I'm sorry to say this, but ARE YOU CRAZY?? This is a beautiful card! The butterfly is gorgeous, the extra layer on the Nestie die cut is a great touch, the sentiment is so elegant! Nice sparkle, lovely colors. It has a vintage feel to it. That's my 2 cents worth -- so there! :-)

Lisa Lara said...

So beautiful Lynette.

Mary said...

Lynette, you are way too hard on yourself. I think your card is beautiful! I love the die that you used and I love the way that you positioned the butterfly.I think it's a card to be quite proud of.

Mary

Katrin said...

Lynette, i like your wonderful ideas, it´s a really nice blog.

Katrin