Thursday, June 9, 2011

SplitCoastStampers Color Challenge - a Smile


I made this card for SplitCoastStampers' Color Challenge #326 - Melon Mambo, Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette. I used Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette cardstock, a Melon Mambo marker, and I substituted Rose Romance ink.

The background is stamped with a Tattered Angels stamp from Flowering Vine stamp set. The sentiment is a dollar stamp from Studio G that I picked up at Michael's on Tuesday - I loved it! The butterflies are done with a Martha Stewart punch. I used a Melon Mambo marker on the edges and I added gems for the dot on the "i" in smile and the butterfly bodies. Super simple, but it works:)



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a card that was posted today with one of the new $ stamps too! I love them...but I didn't see the one you got in the bin. Now I have to go back and look!

Love the card too, as always you do a great job!

Sandy said...

Lynette, what pretty card!
Don't you just love it when you find a great stamp in the $(well in Canada its a $1.50) bin at Michaels.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a really beautiful flourish! Pretty card!

Danni said...

Lovin' all the pink! Very pretty card!

Leslie Miller said...

Isn't that a cute sentiment? And a dollar! I love it! The vine stamp is absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful card!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oooh, so pretty! I just love all of the pink on this card. The flourishes are so gorgeous and I always love butterflies!
Sorry I haven't been able to comment much these days. I still love following your work and getting inspiration, even if I don't always have the time to write it.