Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Repeat Impressions - WHAT IF? Wednesday

It's Wednesday, and therefore we have a new challenge for you at Repeat Impressions!  Today is WHAT IF? Wednesday - a sketch challenge from Wendy, owner and artist of Repeat Impressions.  Here is today's sketch:
Please visit the RI blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to see the other wonderful creations.  But in a nutshell, here is what you need to do:  Create a card using this sketch, upload your card to your blog or on-line gallery, and link it to the RI blog.  One random winner for the month will win a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions.  Definitely worth playing for:)  Here are links to the other Rock Stars' blogs:

Darsie ~ Dawn ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Maki ~ Michele ~ Miriam ~ Robin


I decided to make my first Christmas card for the year.  A bit of a late start for me!  I stamped the 2002-J, Holiday Lamp Post, found on this page, with Memento black ink and colored with Copics.  I added Star Dust Stickles to the snow.  I stamped the sentiment, also from Repeat Impressions, on to vellum and put it over my patterned paper.  My matting is Real Red from Stampin' Up!  The snowflake is a felt one, also from SU!  We'd love to have you join us!!!
I had stamped two lamp posts, just in case I messed up the first one.  Since they were both usable, I made another card with the materials I had out.  Here is my second one.  Similar, but different:)


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Christina said...

That is also a real beauty Lynette!
Hugs Kristel

Sheri said...

Merry Christmas Lynette! You are ahead of the game with this cute card. Nice job!

Whimsey said...

Super cute card - you are working ahead here eh?

Both are beautiful; LOVE that image and the sparkly snow!

Miriam said...

Love this! The sparkle on the snow is a great touch.

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Christmas cards already??? This is a great start! Love both of your cards!

Danni said...

These are awesome!!

Dawn B. said...

This is awesome. I would love to have a lamp post like this. My grandma used to have one and their name hung below. Great memories. These are great.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really do like both of those cards.

Leslie Miller said...

There's no time like the present to get started on the Christmas cards, and these are certainly beautiful for the occasion. I have a few cards made but I need to get busy on more. The lamp post is a very pretty image!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty, Lynette. I wish I could make myself work on Christmas cards this early!

Unknown said...

Both cards are so beautiful!! The image works so perfect with the sketch!