Monday, May 23, 2011

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Stork

No surprise if you follow my blog that Monday is Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week. :) This week's stamp is 4318-K Stork, available on this page.  For this week, you can purchase the Stork for 50% off - through Sunday, May 29.  For all the details, and to see what the other Rock Stars have created with this stamp, please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  You can also visit the other Design Team members' blogs by following these links:
Darsie ~ Dawn ~ Joy ~ Karen ~ Michele

For my card, I stamped the image on textured white paper and cut out the stork. I stamped on patterned paper from Die Cuts With a View and cut out the "baby bundle."  I colored the legs and beak and glued on the pieces.  Then I cut the image out with a Lifestyles Crafts/Quickutz Nesting Oval die.  (The links to the Creating Everlasting Memories eBay store and the items that I have created cards for are on another page of my blog, found near the top.)  I sponged green ink around the edges, because I didn't want to do a mat.  I stamped the Welcome BABY stamp on the same patterned paper as the baby bundle, and also on the striped paper.  I cut out the lettered blocks and glued them on the stripes.  I embossed the front of the card (ivory) with a Sizzix folder, glued the striped piece on, and added some ribbon.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Very cool card. Love the paper you used for the stork.

Sandy said...

Lynette, what a great baby card! I really love your colour choices.

Whimsey said...

Too cute; LOVE that embossing folder and those baby blocks are ADORABLE!

Harriet Skelly said...

Such a lovely baby card - I love the paper you used to paper piece!

Mary said...

I love the paper piecing thatyou did Lynette. This baby card is so adorable. :)

mary