Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Repeat Impressions - Designer's Choice Challenge

Time for another Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge (DCC.)  Harriet is the chooser of the challenge this time, and her choice is to use paper-piecing.  Very fun!  Won't you join us?  Just make a card using paper piecing, upload to your blog or on-line gallery, and link up to the Repeat Impressions blog.  You have nearly two weeks to get your creation uploaded and linked - through Tuesday, May 24 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.  Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details and to see what the other Rock Stars have come up with.  Or visit their blogs using these links:
Darsie ~ Dawn ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Maki ~ Michele ~ Miriam ~ Robin

I love paper-piecing, but I didn't make very good choices this time!  I stamped the Daffodils onto the blue patterned paper, then stamped the Grass.  I colored the leaves and the grass with a marker.  I stamped the daffodils onto two different patterns of yellow paper.  They were both subtle patterns, but I didn't realize just HOW subtle they were until I cut them all out.  Oh well, they look nice, just not very patterned.  The flower centers are popped up with foam squares.  Here is a close-up picture for both dimension and so you can kind of see the patterns in the papers.  The sentiment is also from Repeat Impressions.  I matted the blue papers with Certainly Celery from Stampin' Up!  I also added another matted layer of textured white and celery.  We'd love to have you play along.  One random winner for the month will win a full sheet of unmounted rubber.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Sheri said...

Such a pretty card even if the pattern doesn't show up. I love daffodils and the blue sky behind them sure looks like a nice spring day

Christina said...

That is a beautiful card again Lynette! Looks so sweet!
Hugs Kristel

Sandy said...

Lovely card Lynette!

Miriam said...

You made great choices! Love the subtle colors and textured background.

Danni said...

So pretty and I like the choices you made! :-)

Karen Hasheck said...

Beautiful job on your card and the flowers. I love the dimension and use of different (if subtle) yellows on the flowers!

Dawn B. said...

Great dimension on this card. Would have never thought to paper piece. This is terrific Lynette.

Mary said...

Well I think you made a great choice. The flowers look so pretty and so soft. I can see that they are paper pieced. Your card is very pretty Lynette.

Mary

Harriet Skelly said...

THis is such a beautiful Spring card! I think the papers are great and I love the dimension!!

Marge said...

This is truly GORGEOUS, Lynette!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love how fresh and sweet this is, and the layout is perfect for the image. Paper piecing can be so much fun!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty, Lynette. I never think to paper piece flowers - so clever!