Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kanban Birthday


Another card using Kanban products.  This is such gorgeous cardstock!!

One problem I have with cardstock like this, is that I hate to cut into it!  Another problem is that I hate to cover it up:)  This started as a full 12 x 12 sheet.  It's double-sided and also comes with some extra "stripes."  (They are not really stripes, but the designs are in rows.  You can see a picture of what I'm talking about here.)  This card is done with parts of the 12 x 12 - I didn't cut into the "extra."  The thin sparkly pieces at the top and bottom are strips that I cut.  The rest of the background is as it comes.  The sentiment panel is from the backside.  There is a design on the back, but I just used a relatively plain part.  The border on the top of the sentiment panel was cut from the 12 x 12, also.  The sentiment is from a Kanban stamp set and the butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added pearls to the butterfly bodies and also to the flower centers.  I wish I could convey the beauty of this paper through pictures, but I can't.

For anyone who is reading this far - thanks!  I just had to thank you all for visiting.  I see I have over 200,000 hits.  Amazing!  I appreciate you taking time from your busy day to stop by.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Woww that is a wonderful card again Lynette!
Hugs Kristel

Sheri said...

Beautiful card. Love the paper. I wonder if I have some but I think not. Not sure I have heard of it. Can you buy it locally?

Sandy said...

Congrats Lynette on reaching 200,000 blog hits! Today's card is the perfect reason why we find your blog one to not miss. Kanban is not a product name I'm familar with. So you've introduced it to me and its something I be looking for, thanks.

Danni said...

Ohhh butterflies and shimmer/sparkle..you know I'm in love with this card!! Fabulous!

JUDI said...

This card is stunning....With Love Judi

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! The paper is truly beautiful! I surely see why you would hesitate to cut into it. You've done a beautiful job of showing it off, though. Love those gorgeous sparkly leaves. Wow!