Friday, May 20, 2011

Friends Like You ...

A super-simple card for today.  I actually made three or four cards yesterday.  I just brought my grandson down into my stamping area and he played in his bouncy seat and I played at my stamping table!  And then when he napped, I did some more.  It worked out well for both Owen and me.

A few weeks ago, I got some Basic Grey items from PeachyCheap.com.  They have a daily special and on a very rare occasion it's something that I want.  This time it was a set of seven little packages of Basic Grey things - stamp set, stickers, etc.  I should have passed it up, but I didn't.  This sticker was in one of the sets.  I cut the bottom of the stem off because I thought it was too long for my layout.  The stamp is an unknown one I got as some blog candy once upon a time.  The left side of the card is scored at a half inch in and glued shut in the half inch.  The patterned paper is from Die Cuts With a View Linen Closet.  I rounded the corners with a Fiskars corner rounded. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

This is a very pretty card. Looks like one you would find in the store :)

Dawn B. said...

When he gets a little older you could teach him to stamp. My son loves it. This is beautiful. Have a great weekend.

Sandy said...

Lynette, glad you're able to find away to create while Owen in with you. As he gets older is there room in or near your stamping area for a play pen?
I like this card, particularly the idea of scoring and gluing shut the 1/2 on the left side.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Fun idea to glue shut the left 1/2 inch. I like that idea. This is a really pretty CAS card!

Danni said...

Very nice!

Mary said...

I love your super simple card. :) How wonderful it must have been to have your grandson in his bouncey seat while you stamped.

Mary

ItsmeJ said...

Amazing card. friendship are precious. Treasure them.