Thursday, May 26, 2011

CAS Leafy Birthday

A quick card and a quick post!


The border was punched with an EK Success border punch called Floral Leaf Large Edger.  I matted it with Stampin' Up!'s Always Artichoke cardstock.  I embossed the dots with a Cuttlebug border folder, using my "no-lines" method.  (You can see a very unprofessional video tutorial here with the completed card in this blog post.) I used my Scor-Pal to score lines on both sides of the embossing.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I think I commented on how pretty this one is on the group but I have to say it again. This is a lovely card but so very simple. You are the queen of simple and elegant.

Sue Nelson said...

OH! Such a classy looking card! Love that shade of green with that leaf punch. Saving this one!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I always like CAS cards. This is no exception and that border is just beautiful!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my gosh...Lynette....this is a beauty. Love that border with the artichoke behind. Brilliant.

Dawn B. said...

What a great border. I love it. I have been trying to use my punches and dies more.. They really add to your card here. Great job.

Sandy said...

Lynette, you've done it again...another fabulously elegant card. Love the look of the artichoke behind the leaf border punch. Then there is the finishing touches with the Cuttlebug and Scorpal embossing.

Leslie Miller said...

Love, love, LOVE this one, Lynette! It's got that fabulous CAS thing going on that you do so well!