Friday, May 27, 2011

A (Bright!) Green Birthday

I was playing around with a Martha Stewart corner punch, and came up with this.


I just lined the corner punch up from the back, and used it to make this border.  I used Green Galore (I think.  I can never remember which is Gable Green and which is Green Galore!)  I stamped a strip of white with a stamp from the stamp set "Trimtastic" from Stampin' Up! with the same color green as the border.  I glued it on the green, and added a couple scored lines on each side of the stamped border and pearls between the punched designs.  I matted the whole piece with black.  The sentiment (from The Paper Company) is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

My first thought when I read your title was that I wouldn't like this card. Boy was I wrong. I love it! Love your border and the color of green is so pretty. Great job

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The stamped border and the border punch really make this card. Very nice!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooh, I like it! Great use of both the stamped and the punched border!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is wonderful Lynette. I love how you made the border. How clever. I just love it. I think the green with the black is brilliant. Love the stamped strip...looks like tissue tape.

Dawn B. said...

This is beautifully done. I love punches. I seem to use them more than dies anymore. This is a great color combo too. Have a super weekend.