Monday, April 4, 2011

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Birdbath

Happy Monday, Everyone!  Time for a new Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week.  This week's stamp is Birdbath and can be found on this page.  You can purchase this stamp for 50% off through next Sunday.  For all the details, please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  You will also find all the wonderful creations by the Rock Stars there, too.  Or, follow these links:
Dawn ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Maki ~ Michele ~ Robin

I started with a piece of "faux marble" cardstock that had been made by someone else.  (I got it in a box of "hand-me-downs" from a co-worker of my son.  You can kind of see the different colors in the paper, along with the gold.)  I stamped the birdbath on it and cut it out.  I embossed with a Quickutz folder and cut a piece of cardstock to fit in the opening.  I brayered in the grass and the sky, then stamped the blades of grass with a Repeat Impressions stamp.  The butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch out of more pre-marbled cardstock and then I added a pearl to each one.  I matted with black.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

13 comments:

Sheri said...

Very nice - you can almost look for the bird to come flying in. Love that faux paper

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Lynette - love that embossed frame!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I am a new follower, but am anxiously awaiting each new post.

Karen Hasheck said...

Pretty card- especially like the embossing and butterflies!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

After seeing the great cards made with this bird bath, I placed an order. The design fits great in that embossed frame.

Mary said...

I love the way that you used the embossing folder. You are so creative with the folders! Your card is very pretty Lynette. Hope your having fun with your grandson. :)

Mary

Unknown said...

So beautiful Lynette!! I love the embossed frame! Such an elegant card!

Whimsey said...

Oh my goodness; what an elegant card. LOVE the embossed border around the image - absolutely perfect!

Love the marbled bird bath. Fabulously done Lynette!!!

joy said...

Love your embossed framing for the image! You have colored the sky beautifully!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful card. THe embossing really adds so much elegance to this!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Love that you used that marbled paper for the birdbath and the embossed frame is perfect with it!

Marge said...

GORGEOUS card, Lynette!!!

dmbennett said...

Wonderful card Lynette. Love that embossed frame around your image. And the added butterflies.

Dawn