Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Joanne!

Yesterday was my friend, Joanne's, birthday.  This is the card I made for her.

I started with a piece of yellow cardstock from a Sizzix matstack.  I cut the flowers with a  Pop Up Flower die from Lifestyle Crafts. I put small pieces of foam squares under each petal to make sure they stayed popped up.  I glued it on to the textured brown cardstock and added buttons (from Papertrey Ink) to the centers of the flowers. I glued the panel to Kraft card base (also from PTI). The sentiment is from Impression Obsession and is stamped in brown ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Christina said...

That is a stunning card Lynette! Love the flowers on it!
Hugs Kristel

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the idea of being able to make the pop-up flowers.

Unknown said...

I love this card Lynette. Those pop out flowers are great and you've done it very nicely indeed!!

Marge said...

Your card and those popped-up flowers with button centers are AWESOME! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!!!

Joanne said...

This card is even MORE gorgeous in PERSON! Smile! Thanks for making my birthday, Lynette!