Sunday, January 2, 2011

Three More Cards

I'll share three more cards with you today.  I actually got a chance to spend a little time in my stamping area yesterday - yahoo!  I made a card for RI Stamp of the Week which you will see tomorrow, and I reinked all my Stampin' Up! pads.  It felt good!  Oh, I'll add this to the first paragraph, in case you don't make it to the end of the post! LOL!  Yesterday I added another page to my blog.  You can find a link to it above the current post - in the blog header.  The page contains a link to my 2011 calendar files - both in Excel and in Open Office.  You can also find the cutting instructions in a Word file.  I thought this might be helpful, as I do get quite a few requests for it.  I would really appreciate hearing from you if you download it, and I'd love to see what you create with it!

For this first card, the stamps are from a set by Inkadinkado.  The birds are embossed with silver embossing powder.  I embossed the background with the Birds and Swirls folder from Cuttlebug.  The matting is a dark silver shimmery cardstock.  I cut the main image panel, black border and scalloped frame with a Quickutz die called Oval Journal Block.  (It's available here, among other places.)  I added silver pearls and mounted the panels on Dimensionals.

 For this next card, I inked up the stamp with markers before stamping.  I cut the image panels and the sentiment out of SU! Always Artichoke with another Quickutz die.  This one is called Nesting Rounded Tags and you can find it here. I again embossed the background with a Cuttlebug folder and matted it.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set.
One last card.  The shelf and frames were cut out of white cardstock with a Quickutz die called Frame and Shelf. The patterned paper is from a Die Cuts With a View matstack.  The sentiment is from Gina K's Elegant Post set.  The "pictures" are mounted on Dimensionals.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, more beautiful and creative cards!
gloria

Christina said...

These are wonderful cards Lynette@ Looking so beautiful!
Hugs Kristel

Sheri said...

They are all very pretty. Love the shelf and "pictures" So different and nice

Danni said...

All are just wonderful!

bonnie32002 said...

All are pretty as usual!!


My favorite of the three is the 1st one. I really like how you paired up the birds on the focal image with the cuttlebug bird background!

Mary said...

Wow Lynette you sure have been busy making cards. All 3 of them are great! It sounds as though you are using lots of your stams and dies and embossing folders. Good for you. :)

Thanks for sharing your calendar files.

Mary

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous, Lynette! I haven't done anything since Christmas... You have certainly been busy! I particularly like the first one - very delicate and pretty.