Thursday, December 2, 2010

Birthday for a Guy ... and December Calendar Page

This card was for our son-in-law.  I saw this technique mentioned in the SCS Weekly Inkling last week and thought I'd give it a try.  You can find the Acrylic Block Background technique tutorial here.  Pretty much, you just ink up your acrylic block, mist it with water, and stamp with it.  You can put darker ink around the edge for a more finished look, but I thought that would be too hard to do with my curved block.

I used Tim Holtz' Weathered Wood ink on my block. The cattails are from Technique Tuesday's set Growing Wild and are stamped with SU!'s Not Quite Navy. It is matted with Not Quite Navy, also. The striped paper is some old Not Quite Navy I've had for a while. The sentiment is Papertrey Ink's  Birthday Basics.

Also, here is my December calendar page.  I couldn't post it yesterday because of WHAT IF? Wednesday.  And I wanted to post the card for our son-in-law because his birthday was Tuesday, plus, I've got lots of other cards to show you.  So, you get a double post today:)  The main image is embossed with a brass stencil.  It's mounted on shimmery silver paper.  

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo, classic Lynette right here! Love it and the calendar page.

Sheri said...

I saw that technique and it is cool! Haven't had a chance to try it yet though. I am sure your sil loved his card. Your Dec. calendar is so pretty

Suzie said...

A perfect masculine birthday card, Lynette! And I love those colors, too! Your December calendar is simply elegant! Have a great day! Suzie

Deb said...

Hello friend! Happy December! LOVE your gorgeous guy card! Great calendar!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Definitely a good card for the guys. I like that color. I still need to get my December calendar ready.

Sandy said...

Great card Lynette.
Your calendar page is so simply and elegant. You are making me think that I need to think about making some calendars for gifts next year.

Danni said...

Wonderful creations!!

Colorado Crafter said...

What a great card for a guy!! I do have a problem making those at times! LOL!! Very pretty stamping technique. And your calendar page is beautiful. TFS!

Leslie Miller said...

Even your guy cards are totally amazing! Love the effect of the acrylic block stamping. Very cool! I especially love this month's calendar page, too!

Barbara said...

The card is gorgeous! I really like that technique. Great colors, too. And the calendar page is so inspiring, perfect for the month of Christmas.

Barb

Mary said...

I love the card that you made for your SIL. It is awesome! Love the image that you used and the technique.Your calendar page is so pretty. You certainly have been keeping very busy with stamping. :)

Mary