Monday, July 12, 2010

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Great Blue Heron

Today is Monday again, which means it's Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week day!  This week's stamp is the Great Blue Heron.  Please visit RI's blog, The House That Stamps Built, for all the details you need to know to get this great stamp at 50% off - through Sunday only.  Also, check out the marvelous creations from the other Design Team members!

For this fist card, I stamped the image on white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I colored it with Stampin' Up! markers and chalks.  It's mounted on a textured, pebbled gray cardstock which I scored with my Martha Stewart Scoring Tool.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions, also.

For this second one, I stamped the image with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink on Papertrey Ink's Kraft cardstock.  I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.  I used a distresser on the edges and rubbed Tim Holz Distress ink on them.  I mounted the image on the same gray paper as the above card, then on to the Kraft card base.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions and is stamped in the Sepia ink.


For this card, I stamped the image with Sepia ink on to Vanilla cardstock.  I colored it with watercolor pencils and then used a wet paint brush on it.  I cut an oval out of the textured paper and put it over the image for the matting.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


And one more!  I stamped the image this time directly on PTI white cardstock.  I colored it with SU! makers, except for the bird's body, which I colored with a gray Copic.  I used a little chalk on the water.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions.  I used my Scor-Pal to emboss a border around the edges.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

17 comments:

Julie said...

Wow,you've been busy...I love them all!! Great job with this big image!

sarah said...

there all lovely xx

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I wouldn't have known where to begin with this image but you did a wonderful job with all the cards!

Sheri said...

I love this stamp and you did such a great job with it. Love them all

Whimsey said...

Fabulous job with this image; just love all your creations!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go, girl!! Your cards are all fabulous!! I love the details you add to each one. Thank you for sharing!

Danni said...

Oh my goodness! I just love these all! I love seeing different cards made with the same image!

Mary said...

Wow! One stamp used to make 4 very different cards. They are all wonderful and I would be hard pressed to choose one of them as my favorite card. Awesome work Lynette.

Mary

Shoshi said...

Amazing what variety you can get from a single image! Lovely cards, all of them. Well done, Lynette.

bonnie32002 said...

wow! what an assortment...love how you colored and the different color variations of each design.

Darsie Bruno said...

I just love them all! This is one of my favorite stamps and you've showcased it so well!
Hugs, Darsie

Dana Joy said...

Fabulous cards Lynette. Your a busy little girl I see. :-)

Harriet Skelly said...

Love all of these cards!

joy said...

Wow have you ever been busy!! I love the cards with the texture. The one with the scoring is so neat!!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh we have these right outside our door each day in the lake.. The patiently sit and wait.. Great job on all of these..

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow, you've been busy!
All these cards came out fantastic!
Great work with the Heron stamp! :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Has anyone ever told you that you're an overachiever?? Lovely samples with this image! Isn't it fun what different looks you can get with a single stamp?