Monday, June 21, 2010

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Land of the Free

My goodness, Mondays roll around quickly!  It's Repeat Impressions' Stamp of the Week day already!  This week's featured stamp is 3704-I, Land of the Free.  (Scroll down a ways to see the stamp.)  Please visit RI's blog, The House That Stamps Built, to find out the details on how to get this great stamp at 50% off!  Check out the links to the other Design Team members' blog, too, to see the marvelous cards they have created.

I colored directly on the stamp with my Stampin' Up! markers - Real Red and Night of Navy  - and stamped on shimmery white paper.  The matting papers are all from the very first Die Cuts With a View matstack that I ever bought - about seven years ago at Archivers.  They were very appropriate for this stamp.
Like I so often end up doing, I made a couple cards with this stamp.  This one is colored with Brilliant Blue and Real Red and stamped on lightly textured white paper.  I matted with Real Red.  The blue background is lightly textured, also.  I added a small strip of the textured white with a tiny strip of the red and white striped paper I used on the first card.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Whimsey said...

What incredible creations Lynette - love them both!!!

Sheri said...

Love them both! Great stamp!!

Suzie said...

Lynette,
You did such a great job on both cards. And what a great patriotic stamp as well. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
Suzie

joy said...

Both cards are fab! - I love the texture in your second card -- makes me want to touch it. Great photography!

Darsie Bruno said...

Great cards! I love the simplicity of them, yet they say so much!

Unknown said...

Both cards are sooooo fabulous, Lynette!! Those DPs on the first card are just perfect for the theme!
Awesome work!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

They are both great! That's a great stamp!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love both of these cards - and I agree with Joy - the photos are awesome!

Mary said...

Both of your cards are great Lynette and yes....Mondays roll around fast. Too fast. :)

Dana Joy said...

Love both of these card Lynette. Super great.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Fabulous job with this image. Both cards are wonderful. OK, I'm caught up now....no more emails!