Monday, May 24, 2010

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week - Vase of Tulips

Well, once again it's Monday - and Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week day:)  This week's SOTW is called Vase of Tulips 1317-L.  For this week only, it's available at 50% off.  You can find all the necessary details on the RI blog, The House That Stamps Built.  (Be sure to follow the directions found there.)  The Repeat Impressions store is found here.  Check out all the wonderful stamps.  Also, check out what other members of the design team have created.  And remember, the "WHAT IF?" Wednesday sketch challenge (and the chance for a $25 gift certificate!) is still open!

For this first card, I stamped the image on shimmery white paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and embossed with detail fine black embossing folder.  I colored the image with Stampin' Up! markers.  After coloring, I cut the image out with an Oval Nestability.  Before removing from the Nestability, I sponged with pale yellow ink.  I sponged a little bit of black ink on the edge.  I embossed the background with a Cuttlebug folder and matted with black.  I added some sheer black ribbon.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions and is stamped with Old Olive ink.
For this second card, i stamped the image on white cardstock and embossed with detail gold embossing powder.  I colored it with watercolor pencils and a paintbrush and did some sponging with gray and yellow in.  I sponged Versamark on the edges, and also the edges of the blue matting, and embossed with gold embossing powder.  The patterned paper is from a Sizzix pad.  I added some yellow dots with a sponge dauber.  The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions and is embossed in gold.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the look that you've done a couple times where you sponge before taking off the Nestibility!
gloria

Whimsey said...

Oh my, what fabulous cards. Love your colors - I always love tulips in multiple colors and pastels are just gorgeous!!! Great background on the top card - love it!! Of course I love the polka dot paper - reminds me of soap bubbles - LOL.

Fabulous work!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Wonderful work with this gorgeous tulip bouquet!! It's hard to decide which background I love more!! They are both fabulous!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both cards are lovely! I'm not sure but I think the second card is my favorite. The background paper for it just seems so "happy".

joy said...

Love both your cards, the pastel colors just shout "Spring". What a great cards!

Darsie Bruno said...

Love the muted tones to your first card! The background paper on your second card is so fun!! Great cards!

Ayana Posadas said...

Great job on both of your cards!
I especially love the background on your second one! So pretty! :)

Mary said...

One stamp 2 different cards. They are both wonderful .

Mary

Unknown said...

How pretty, Lynette!! Love the colorful tulips! They are both beautifully done with the wonderful details

Harriet Skelly said...

Both cards are so pretty Lynette - I love how you colored the flowers on both!

Dana Joy said...

Lynette - absolutely a beautiful card. I love the embossed background and the colors.

Julie said...

So beautiful Lynette!! Just love everything!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great cards, Lynette! I just picked up that herringbone folder last week! I especially love the colors on that first card.