Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Speedy Recovery

I made this card for my friend, Diane, who had surgery on her thumb yesterday.  I used the color combination in the SplitCoastStampers CAS (Clean and Simple) challenge for this week - green and brown.


The branch (flowers?) is from an Inkadinkado set.  I stamped it with Papertrey Ink's Fresh Leaf ink on patterned paper from Stampin' Up!  I highlighted using a white gel pen.  I have never done that before, but I like the effect.  I mounted it on brown cardstock.  The sentiments are from Verve's Wishing You set, stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sue Nelson said...

Oh, clever touch with the white gel pen. Gonna have to try that one, too.
Great cards the last two days. But then, they are ALL great!

Sue

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! The white gel pen makes the image pop right up off the page. Great look.

Deb said...

So gorgeous, Lynette! That white pen really takes it from pretty to Wow!

Irene said...

Hello Lynette

Wow another stunner,I love your stamping onto the DP.

luv
irene
xxxx

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, Lynette, and I am sure Diane will love it.

(I like seeing your beautiful face on your sidebar, too!)

Hugs,
Barb

Colorado Crafter said...

Such a lovely card!! The white gel pen really makes that image pop... I've got to try that! Thanks for the inspiration.

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful Lynette...love the white highlighting!