Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fall-To Layout #84 - Thinking of You

Here is my take on the Fall-to Layout for this week - #84.  It was supposed to be a square card, but Natasha said, "If it's not working out, that's okay, as long as you're inspired!"  So, I was inspired, and my card is not square! :)


I got a couple new stamps from Verve, and I wanted to use a set for this card.  That's the main reason it's not square - the image was too large.  This set is called "Enjoy."  The flower can also be a butterfly.  I used VersaMagic inks for all the stamping.  The colors are Spanish Olive, Purple Hydrangea and Spring Pansy.  I used Oval Nestabilities for the main image panel, and rubbed the Purple Hydrangea on the edge of the white panel.  The colored cardstocks are Rich Razzleberry from Stampin' Up! and Ripe Avocado from Papertrey Ink.  (At least, I THINK it's Ripe Avocado.  I got a variety pack of papers from PTI, so judging by the color names, I'm pretty sure that's what I used.)  I used Martha Stewart punches for the border and the butterflies.  The main image panel is mounted on Pop Dots.  The butterflies have rhinestone embellishments.


I know this is kind of a funny time for me to post.  I thought about just pre-posting this for tomorrow morning.  But, tomorrow I will have another post - a non-stamping one.  Our daughter and son-in-law will be having their daughter tomorrow!  She is going to be induced, so around noon or so, we'll have a granddaughter!!  I'll share a picture if I can, and her name with you all tomorrow.  So exciting!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty Lynette

Mary said...

Your card is very pretty Lynette. I'm not a huge fan of square cards so I think your card looks wonderul the way that you made it.

Oh Wow! Your new granddaughter will be making her debut into the world tomorrow. How very exciting for all of you. I will be waiting to see a photo of her. Congratulations to you and to all of your family.

Mary

Leigh said...

I like your card Lynette. Lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

So pretty, Lynette! A graceful image and the perfect Fall To layout. Love the colors!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Lynette.. You must have been a nervous wreck.. I would be.. What a great way to use this set. SO pretty..

Irene said...

Oh Lynete what have I missed,
all of your cards are gorgeous and amazing. I love this flower stamp.

luv
irene
xxxx

Joan B said...

This is gorgeous.