Thursday, February 4, 2010

Paper-Pieced Flowers Birthday

I came across this stamp when I got out the lighthouse stamp for the card I posted yesterday, and thought I should use it.  Paper-piecing seemed like a good idea:)

The stamp is by Whipper Snapper and I stamped the image on patterned paper.  I used all patterned papers, but it's really hard to tell.  Both of the flowers and the flower centers are pieced.  I used a Certainly Celery marker to color the leaves.  The patterned paper is from an old "The Stack" from Michael's.  I matted the image with black and Certainly Celery.  I also used the patterned paper on the card base, matted with black.  The ribbon is Certainly Celery from Stampin' Up!  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink - called Wishing You.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Liz S. said...

This is perfect! Thank you for sharing!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very nice! I love the look that paper piecing gives a card.

Mary said...

Another beautiful card! I love that you used the black layer. It makes the image pop.

Mary

Irene said...

Hello Lynette

This is just gorgeous, I love the flower image and colours you have used. So stylish and elegant.

luv
irene
xxxx